Incorporating GPS/GNSS and inertial sensors into the equipment being used in open pit mines
Today, mining companies are exploring ways to mine more safely and sustainably, leveraging new technologies to maximize their production. Because most mines are located in either remote wilderness or deep underground, the solution must be equally rugged and reliable as it is accurate. Not only does Trimble’s mining technology drastically lower costs and improve operations in some of the most demanding conditions, it offers a viable solution for longstanding industry challenges, such as labor shortages.
PEACE OF MIND FOR ANY MINE
- Accurately and safely guiding self-driving trucks
- For open pit and underground mines
- Operates under the most difficult GNSS conditions
- Hands-on approach to customized solutions
- Trusted name, with a huge install base operating 24/7/365
KEEP YOUR BUSINESS DRIVING FORWARD
- Inertial technology to generate stable, reliable, and repeatable positioning solutions for land-based vehicle applications
- Pinpoint positioning, orientation, perception, and localization for the most extreme environments
- Real-time SLAM engine
- Proprietary multi-sensor integration
- OEM kits for seamless integration
- Industry-leading customer support
The BX992 is a dual-antenna receiver enclosure with integrated inertial navigation system powered by the BD992-INS.
Designed for applications in high shock and vibration environments like machine-control up to 75g shock and 20.4g RMS, the Zephyr Rugged is available in two versions with 5/8” mast mounting and with 3” mast clamp.